Monday, July 24, 2006

How this blog got its name

I do a lot of driving. Many time I drive cars that need to be transported from point A to point B. Today I had to drive a car for quite some distance that had no air conditioning or radio! I love to sing in the car with the radio when I am traveling by myself. So without this luxury and many more miles ahead, I began to sing anyway. Some really old songs started coming to my head out of nowhere. Then I was suddenly stumped on lyrics and what to sing next to entertain myself during the ride. I was in the fast lane of a interstate highway doing 10 over and had a guy tailgating like I was doing 40. I looked in the passenger side rear view to check the lane before I made my way over to let the jerk by. There it was! In the mirror, the next song for me to sing. If you are a big classic rock fan, you probably already have determined the song and artist by the weblog title.


But it was long ago and it was far away, oh God it seems so very far
And if life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are
And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are

Meatloaf from the Bat out of Hell II album

Yes the very words that are in the rear view mirror prompted both the next song and the title of this blog.
of course I had to do a couple more cuts by this talented musician before I made my destination. Do I have you guessing?
OK, I tell.
Two out of three ain't bad and Paradise by the dashboard light

No comments: